Raymond Phillip Chance Is...

Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm Very Sorry To Hear That

No really, now shut the hell up and cut my hair.  I'm not sure exactly when it became fashionable for total strangers to tell you their deepest and darkest secrets but I wish it would stop now.

It's just the simplest thing, I want to be treated like a stranger again.  You know, like a customer.  Friendly, detached, impersonal, efficient...ah makes me long for the day when we had waiters and waitresses and they never wore a name tag.  It's not personal, I just want to have a nice meal and enjoy the company I brung with me without having to bring the wait-person into my social circle.

Same thing with a haircut.  I'm not much of a sports fan these days but I'd lot rather hear "How 'bout those Dodgers, huh?"  than "My teen-aged son just got out of jail yesterday.  Then he went out last night and got the hell beat out of him.  He would still be in jail except I couldn't make it to court because my baby swallowed a penny and was in the hospital for 2 days, otherwise I would have told the judge not to let him out."  Just to make it a complete experience she produces her cell phone and shows me a picture of the badly beaten young lad.  

Oh yeah, I REALLY needed to see THAT.

So friends are cheap, they come with haircuts like a Cracker Jack toy.  Just make sure you don't swallow it and choke.  I didn't bother adding to the fire by expressing my own troubles.  Besides, the selfish bitch didn't ask me how I was doing! 

Please, next time, just the haircut.  We can make nice later when your son gets beat up again or some such delight.

A little off the sides please and hold the chatter...

1 comment:

  1. People shutting the fuck up is priceless, but I would sure pay a lot to make it happen. Maybe if I got a dollar for every time I thought "I don't give a crap," I could save up enough to just pay people to keep their traps shut.

    ReplyDelete