Raymond Phillip Chance Is...

Thursday, November 4, 2010

If you look at it at JUSSSSST the right angle....

I'm chastising myself for not expressing myself more, but then...

...if you look at it at JUSSSSST the right angle...

I'm mighty busy,
Lots to do and so little time,
I have nothing much to say right now,
There is a full moon tonight,
I have a nasty cut on my pinkie finger.

There's lots more.  You have some don't you??  Just getting to the next day and paying the bills seems like enough, but is that what you want to be remembered for?  You were a good....bill payer?  God knows in these tough times paying your own way is golden but you owe yourself more than that. 

Now, before you take THAT and use it as a reason to be even more self-absorbed and selfish that isn't the point Jocko. 

What is the point?

First, ask yourself that question, that's a good start.  It's the getting there friend, it's the trip.  It's all about who's next to you and who you have in the back seat. 

I love pontificating, so I'm going to deny myself and stop now.

We just finished our mid-term election process here in Nevada.  Sadly, it wasn't about good choices for the future so much as it was about damage control.  Don't elect THAT crazy bitch, she will kill us with that nutty crap she wants to do to us!!  Vote for that other guy, at least he hasn't totally screwed things up. 

Sigh, back to the trip...

It was my duty and privilege to do my civic duty and to help preserve the right to choose.  Was it worth the trip?  Yes, with all its potential downsides it was worth it. 

What will you and I do tomorrow that is really worth the trip? 

Just get up, put on two socks the same color, more or less, and go find out.  When you get home sit with the one you love, live with or don't even know and tell a story.  Tell the story of your day and when you do think of it as something worth thinking about and something to retell.

Be the trip, look at it jussssst right...

No comments:

Post a Comment